Section 1 - Introduction
Here you will find an outline of the lesson
Section 2 - Lesson Plan
Here is prerequisite information to prepare you for the lesson
Section 3 - Lesson Slides
Here are the Lesson Slides
Section 4 - Quiz and Game Activity
Section 5 - Resources
Links to reference materials and download content (activity sheets, pdfs, powerpoint lessons etc...)
Learning objectives and materials
The children should be enabled to:
- Begin to be sensitive to the feelings of others and to realise that the actions of one individual can affect the feelings of another.
- Listen and respond to the opinions and views of others.
- Realise that Ireland is part of a large community called the European Union. Explore with the children the fact that these countries try to work together.
- Ireland, maps, Europe, continent, countries, globe, European union, similar, different, weather, food, money, currency, flag, helping, positive, negative, feelings, unique, creative
- Map/Globe of world/Europe, flags of European Union members,
Book: ‘The day the crayons quit’ by Drew Daywalt.
Published by HarperCollin’s Children’s Books, London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF.
First published in 2013.
Lego or building blocks