Section 1 - Introduction
Here you will find an outline of the lesson
Section 2 - Lesson Plan
Here is prerequisite information to prepare you for the lesson
Section 3 - Lesson Slides
Here are the Lesson Slides
Section 4 - Quiz and Game Activity
Section 5 - Resources
Links to reference materials and download content (activity sheets, pdfs, powerpoint lessons etc...)
Body of the lesson
- Show the children the cover of the book and read the title to them.
- Ask the children to predict what they think might happen in the book (ask those who know the book to keep the information for later in the lesson)
- Begin to read the story.
- As you read the story pause after each crayon’s story and encourage the children to show empathy to how the crayon is feeling.
- Allow the children to predict how some of the crayons may be feeling before reading that crayon’s recount.
- Allow the children the opportunity to predict how Duncan can fix all the problems of the crayons.