Section 1 - Introduction
Here you will find an outline of the lesson
Section 2 - Lesson Plan
Here is prerequisite information to prepare you for the lesson
Section 3 - Lesson Slides
Here are the Lesson Slides
Section 4 - Quiz and Game Activity
Section 5 - Resources
Links to reference materials and download content (activity sheets, pdfs, powerpoint lessons etc...)
Learning objectives and materials
The children should be enabled to:
- Identify the flag of the European Union
- Develop an understanding of union: what makes a union, why would you be part of a union?
- Discuss peace in Europe
- Discuss our currency and the advantage of other countries having the same currency.
- Ireland, maps, Europe, continent, countries, globe, European union, similar, different, weather, food, money, currency, flag, helping, positive, negative, feelings, unique, Euro, Kroner, Dollar.
- Map/Globe of world/Europe, flags of European Union members, colours, shop set ups incl. Euros and Kroner