Section 1 - Introduction
Here you will find an outline of the lesson
Section 2 - Lesson Plan
Here is prerequisite information to prepare you for the lesson
Section 3 - Lesson Slides
Here are the Lesson Slides
Section 4 - Quiz and Game Activity
Section 5 - Resources
Links to reference materials and download content (activity sheets, pdfs, powerpoint lessons etc...)
Introduction to the lesson
- Revise the EU flag, how many countries in EU and meaning of letters EU.
- Revise why the EU was created – to protect peace
- Remind the children that the EU is like a club
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being in a club.
- Remind children that in a club, countries come together to make something different. They can also leave the club – choice.